Our Charitable Network
Yasodhara Yoga teachers and centres are the teaching arm of a network of charitable organizations.Our centres are run by Karma Yogis, those offering their work as service to the students and the broader community. The classes we give and the work we do in our communities are not-for-profit. We are guided by the ideal of service and offer these yogic teachings without expectation of personal monetary gain. Fees and donations go directly back to operating costs or special projects at the centres.
Read more about how our charities operate in Canada, the US and Europe:
- Friends of Radha Foundation – in Canada
- Association for the Development of Human Potential – in the US
- Radha House Association – in Europe
- Yasodhara Ashram Society
Friends of Radha Foundation
The Friends of Radha Foundation (FRF) is a registered Canadian charity and BC Society with the purpose of establishing and operating teaching centres in urban areas in Canada.
The FRF constitution is:
- to promote and further the yogic teachings as interpreted by Swami Sivananda Radha;
- to support and promote the ethics of yoga, including honesty, integrity, moral conduct, non-injury, non-greed, loyalty, clarity of motivation, dedication of the ideals of spiritual life and consideration for others;
- to promote and establish Yasodhara Yoga Centres, nationally and internationally, which shall be under the management and direction of teachers trained and certified by the Yasodhara Ashram Society, for the purposes of the society;
- to ensure that a spirit of open intellectual and spiritual enquiry, as well as practical instruction in and opportunities for religious and spiritual practices, are present in Yasodhara Yoga Centres and associated societies, in keeping with the spiritual ideals and ethical ideas of Swami Sivananda Radha;
- to support and cooperate with all persons, groups or organizations having similar, or concomitant, aims, views or objects.
Association for the Development of Human Potential
The Association for the Development of Human Potential (ADHP) is a US non-profit that has the purpose of advancing yoga-related research and the application of that research to modern life. The ADHP also oversees the teaching centres in the US.
The ADHP is dedicated to inspiring people to discover a hidden potential within themselves. Swami Sivananda Radha founded the ADHP as a non-profit in 1970, out of gratitude for all the Americans who had supported her efforts to bring the ancient teachings of yoga to the West. The ADHP offers classes and workshops throughout the U.S., with its main hub in Spokane, Washington.
As with other non-profit organizations, the ADHP is dependent upon the generosity of its members and friends. All donations are tax-deductible and each contribution helps to make Swami Sivananda Radha’s teachings available to seekers everywhere.
Radha House Association
The Radha House Association is a registered charity in the UK that oversees Swami Radha’s teachings and centres in Europe.
This charity supports the teachings of Yasodhara Yoga in Europe by helping teachers and students to study locally and at Yasodhara Ashram in Canada, and by sponsoring teaching tours by sanyasins. Our goal is to have a dedicated centre for the teachings in Europe.
Yasodhara Ashram Society
Yasodhara Ashram has been operating since 1963 as a non-profit Society in British Columbia. The Society is a registered Canadian charity and is recognized both provincially and federally as an educational institution.
It is operated by volunteers in the tradition of charity and service embodied in its constitution.
As a Society our mission does not belong to any individual, but to those who care for it and understand the value of maintaining a sacred space in a world that otherwise pressures us to conform and compete. The Yasodhara Ashram Society stands for ideals that lift us beyond daily survival. By giving to the society, you are saying that you support this vision – a vision of harmony, of Light, of peace among the peoples and religions of the world.