About Yasodhara Yoga European Network
Yasodhara Yoga European Network
In 2014, in line with our fellow yoga teachers and centres in Canada and the US, we renamed ourselves the Yasodhara Yoga European Network, to reflect the fact that our spiritual home is the Yasodhara Ashram in Canada.
Formerly known as Radha Yoga centres, our organization was started in 1989 and the first Radha House opened in 1990 in Canterbury, England. We now have teachers across Europe. Besides offering Yasodhara Yoga in our communities, we come together often for meetings and to offer special workshops.
The Radha House Association
The Radha House Association is a charity formed to support the teachings of Yasodhara Yoga in Europe, by helping teachers and students to study here and at Yasodhara Ashram in Canada and sponsoring teaching tours by sanyasinis and others from the Ashram, and from other centres. Our goal is to have a dedicated centre for the teachings in Europe.
The Radha House Association is a registered charity, No 10507281.
We work closely with our sister charities, the Yasodhara Ashram Society, the Association for the Development of Human Potential (USA) and the Friends of Radha Foundation (Canada).
The Radha House Association is committed to helping people gain access to the yoga teachings of Swami Sivananda Radha. We aim to:
- provide yoga classes, workshops and retreats in local communities at accessible prices
- offer discounts for those who are on benefits
- offer opportunities for students and teachers to participate in Karma Yoga and satsangs without charge
- have a supply of yoga books, CDs, tapes and videos available to students for sale and loan
- support Yasodhara Ashram trained teachers to provide these public benefits, by giving them encouragement, mentoring, classes, workshops, meetings and Karma Yoga opportunities throughout the year, and periodic opportunities to renew their teacher training qualifications.